As an environmental conference, we try our best to make the event as sustainable as possible and to encourage all of our attendees to consider sustainable practices while attending the conference.
Please consider the following tips to help make the 2018 conference a sustainable event:
- Bring a water bottle or coffee cup to help reduce our waste. Water fountains and water coolers will be available for your convenience.
- All plates, napkins, forks, knives, and cups at the event will be compostable. Please find the correct bag to dispose of them.
- Public transportation is available. Visit UF’s transportation page or the Regional Transit System (RTS)’s page for more information, routes, and schedules. For real-time updates, visit the Gator Locator. Or consider carpooling or riding bikes.
- Offset your carbon footprint. Groups like Neutral Gator can help.
- We support local businesses. Thanks to our local suppliers.
For more information about sustainability at UF, visit Sustainable UF’s website.